Components of a Proper Cross Country Warm-up
*FIRST: Minimum of 800 jog or 5-6 minutes to break a light sweat and warm up inside of your body. No stretching until you take a warm up jog.
- Glut stretch
- Hurdle stretch each side
- Cherry pickers
- Push against the wall
- Leg crossovers
- Shoulder/arm rolls
- 20 bent-knee sit-ups.
- 20 abdominal crunches.
- 20 jumping jacks.
- 20 mountain climbers
- push ups
- and any other drills that your are comfortable with and aid in your personal requirements
These are going to be worked into our sessions/ get acclimated with them now:
Active with jog between (this sequence)
- 30 meters of walking lunges.
- 40 meters of bent-leg (regular) bounding.
- 40 meters of power skipping.
- 30 meters of skipping for height
- 40 meters side-slide on both sides
- 40 meters of carioca on both sides
- 40 meters of backward thrust running
- 40 meters all out sprint
If you are unfamiliar with these drills or terminology they are easily found online.