A GUIDE TO THE DAILY RUNNER’S NEEDS
#1 need – before you can complete the rest of this list. A small back-pack or small athletic bag (for away practices and meets).
Now stuff the bag with some important items (you may also have your own selection of needs):
- Icy Hot and/or Ben Gay (for tight and sore muscle relief)
- A small towel or wash cloth (in the event of rain or mud – to wipe yourself off)
- An extra T-shirt and socks (in the event you are wet and want to change)
- A small amount of cash in case we stop somewhere after practice or a meet. Also, many meets have refreshments and may possibly be selling shirts. This is when we are on the road only. Don’t bring cash to a Secaucus home practice.
- Small roller and/or stretch cord for pre and post run
- Bottle of water and/or Gatorade
- A small snack like a banana or protein recovery-bar
- Extra pair of shoe laces (in case you snap yours prior to a practice or race)
- Sun screen – you really should not ignore this
- Deodorant (show some love to your teammates)
- Don’t forget (if you use these): knee brace, T-Bands, ankle brace, compression socks
- Your phone
- And of course….your ear buds – where would we be in life without these!!!!
Things not to bring under any circumstance:
Large amount of cash or a wallet filled with ATM and credit cards. ( If you wish to purchase something when we are on the road, please only bring a small amount of cash and only one debit card.
NO Expensive or sentimental jewelry. Please leave it at home.
*If necessary, give these items to the bus driver or a member of the coaching staff to hold for you.